Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bible Reading!

Good morning,

It is a glorious morning here in Virginia. We had a super thunder and rain storm last night. I love to smell the air after a heavy rain. It smells so clean and fresh.

Topic for Today: Bible Reading
"Read and read again, and do not despair of help to understand the will and mind of God though you think they are fast locked up from you. Neither trouble your heads though you have not commentaries and exposition. Pray and read, read and pray; for a little from God is better than a great deal from men." John Bunyan

Sometimes I can read the same scripture over and over and each time I read it I find something new or a different way to look at it. One thing I know is the Word of God is real. It will give us insight into the heart of God when we read it with an open mind.

Ephesians 4:23-24
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.


Reading the Word and praying are two ways to renew the spirit of our mind. When our spirit is renewed everything looks different. It is easier to get thru the day when the mind has been renewed in the Lord.

Father, I thank you for this day. Help me to renew my mind in your Word and prayer as I encourage others to do the same. PTL

Have a great day!
Joy

No comments: