Monday, July 28, 2008

Reading the Bible!

Good morning,

It is a beautiful morning here on the farm. The Lord has given me eyes to see the sunrise, ears to hear the birds singing, and other senses to enjoy all the things around me. It makes me really feel blessed.

“The more you read the Bible; and the more you meditate on it, the more you will be astonished with it.” C. H. Spurgeon

Sometimes when I am reading my Bible a scripture will just pop out at me. When that happens I not only ponder that scripture, but I read the ones before it and the ones after it; as well as cross reference it to see if there are more like it. To some people reading the Bible is boring so they don’t read it; but if you ask the Lord to open your mind before you begin reading you will be surprised at how much easier it is to understand.

Psalms 95:6-7
6 O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.
7 For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
Today as you go about your work, studies, or whatever fills your day, take a moment to read the Word, and to communicate with our maker.

Father I thank you for this day. I give you all praise and honor. Help each of us to enjoy and appreciate all you have blessed us with. Amen
Have a super day!

No comments: