Sunday, February 25, 2007

Our Children

Isaiah 54: 13
And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children.

I am so thankful that our Father knows a mother's heart. He knows that we do worry over our children; not just when they are small but as they mature and become adults.
I think for myself it has been harder for me once my sons got married, because when they hurt I can't do much for them except pray.
When they were small I could hold them and kiss away most of their hurts. But as they have families of their own it isn't quite that easy to deal with. I have to be careful and consider their wife in the situation.
I am so thankful I can take their hurts and disappointments to the Lord and my Father will take care of my children for me.
Great will be the peace of my children. I hold that promise close to me and continue to thank God for this peace for my children, even when I can't see it in their life at the moment.

No comments: