Sunday, February 3, 2008

God's Hands Extended!

Greetings,

It is dry here at the farm this morning. There is still plenty of snow. I measured 15-19 inches in my yard yesterday afternoon. I hope to be able to get my car out so I can go to church. I need the fellowship.

God is so awesome. I talked to John (Kathy's husband) yesterday. He is home and improving all the time. He told me "he didn't know there was so many family members who cared; he said they just kept coming out of the woodwork."
He felt that was one of the reasons he was getting better just having so many people care.

It is one thing to tell someone you will pray for them and it is something totally different when you put action to those prayers by helping out.

I John 3:16-18
16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
John saw the compassion from both his family and Kathy's family and felt loved. His whole life changed because people took time to care. Isn't that what a lot of the Word of God is about, loving, caring, and helping each other?
Father, may you instill in each of us the desire to reach out more in love. To take time from our busy lives and schedules to help others who are struggling. May we be your hands extended, reaching out to those who are oppressed, and alone. Thank you, Father.
Have a beautiful day!
Joy

No comments: