Monday, February 4, 2008

Who or what is your God?

Who or what is your God? We all worship something! What are you worshiping? What do you do either just before getting out of bed or right after you get up? Do you begin your day with a talk with the Lord, turn on the TV, or complain to your spouse? How we begin our day pretty much determines who or what our God is. Do you worry about your finances? Do you pinch each penny in case you won't have funds for later on? I'm not talking about being a bad steward, I'm talking about our worrying about down the road on how we will get by. What or who is your God?

I have been thinking on this after I decided to begin each morning reading my Bible and praying. Then the first thing that I noticed is I found the Hallmark channel on TV and they show "Little House on the Prairie, and Touched by an Angel." Two of my favorite shows. Now there is nothing wrong with either show so don't start jumping to conclusions that I am putting them down. It's just that all of a sudden I was turning the TV on even though I never watched them before and before I knew it I was spending most of my morning in front of the TV instead of reading my Bible or talking to God.

Psalms 119:1-5
1 Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
3 They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
4 Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
These verses are my prayer. That I strive each morning to begin my day visiting with the Lord. To get into His Word so I will know His commandments. I pray I will follow His commandments once I know them. I know that I love the Lord, however, for me that is not enough. I want to know Him.
Father, I pray you instill not only your love into our hearts, but that you would help each of us to want to put you first. May we begin to understand the path and the plans you have for each of us. Thank you, Father.

Have a super day in the Lord.
Joy

No comments: