Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Promises of God

Topic for Today: Promises of God"
"They are a foundation of our faith, and we have them as such; and also of our hope. On these we are to build all our expectations from God; and in all temptations and trials we have them to rest our souls upon." Matthew Henry

2 Peter 1:3-4 (KJV)
3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.


I am so thankful for the promises of God. They are the foundation of my faith. One of the catches to knowing this, is you have to read His Word to understand and accept His promises. The promises are also our hope. We know that what God's Word says it TRUTH and on His Word we build our expectations and can rest upon them in tough times.

I don't know about you, but it excites me to know that I can live my life with godliness. I can partake of His divine nature. I don't have to submit to the things of this world. Jesus made a way for us to walk in God's divine nature. Praise His Holy Name.

Father, I thank you for providing us with your promises that we can live for you. Thank you for the hope you have placed in our hearts to know we can walk in your divine nature and not submit to the things of this world. Thank you, Father, for your Word and the knowledge to understand it. In Jesus Name, Amen

No comments: