Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Starting over? No continuing on!

I am apologizing again for dropping the ball on my daily devotions. I thought about just giving up since I missed so many days, but decided God doesn’t want me to do that. So I will just try to do better in the future.

My niece sent me an email with this word:
The Lord gave me a word and I want to share because it's for the Holbrook’s as well as my family. I extend her word onto you as well.
“A line is drawn, one of Blood over this family. No curse shall ever touch us. We are covered by His Blood and he is restoring us.”
Yesterday I got blessed with the Joyce Meyer Everyday Life Bible Amplified version. I haven’t got to read much of it yet, but it is good.

Mark 4:39
And He arose and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, Hush now! Be still (muzzled)! And the wind ceased (sank to rest as if exhausted by its beating) and there was [immediately] a great calm (a perfect peacefulness).
Joyce Meyer says this:
“You cannot rebuke the storms in your life if you have a storm on the inside of you. The disciples could not rebuke the storm because they lost their peace and were as “stormy” as the storm. But when Jesus spoke out of His reservoir of peace for the wind and waves to be still, immediately there was calm.”

Father, we thank you for this day. Thank you for this word that lets us know we need with your help to calm the storm on the inside so the storms of this life don't swamp us. Praise your Holy Name. Let us also know more about your blood line and how to use it to cover and protect not only us, but our loved ones and friends. In Jesus Name amen

Have a Power filled day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here is a great 15 minute audio compilation of joyce that is sure to bless you...

http://www.fleebabylon.com/audio/babylons_theology.mp3

-Jim