Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Faint Not!

Good morning,

I was reading in my devotional by Mrs. Charles Cowman "Streams in the Desert"
The page I was reading ties into what I have been writing about being discouraged and whether god hears us when we pray; I would like to share with you a section from her book.
Psalms 27:13-14
13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
FAINT NOT!
"How great the temptation at this point! How the soul sinks, the heart grows sick, and the faith staggers under the keen trials and testing which come into our lives in times of special suffering". What do you do when you feel yourself fainting in the physical? You cannot do anything. You cease from your own doings. In your faintness, you fall upon the shoulder of some strong loved one. You lean hard. You rest. You lie still and trust.
It is so when we are tempted to faint under affliction. God says that sweet word, "Be still, and know that I am God."
All God asks of you when you grow faint in the fierce fire of affliction is to be still and trust. Do not try to be strong. Just be still and know that He is God, and will sustain you and bring you through.
"Stay firm and let thine heart take courage"
Stay firm, He has not failed thee in all the past,
And will He go and leave thee to sink at last?
Nay, He said He will hide thee Beneath His wing;
And sweetly there in safety Thou mayest sing.
May our Father uphold you today in a very special way.
Joy

No comments: