Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Lord My Refuge

Good morning from foggy, soggy Dallas,

Yes! It rained last night. I am thankful it held off until I got home. I don't like driving in it, although I know I have to at some point if I want to go anywhere. But for last night it waited until I got home from Drain, so I can be thankful.

I have been getting several emails asking for prayer, some for the ones sending the email and some for their families going through trials and physical issues, this morning I would like to share the following verses with those that are hurting, lonesome, discouraged or those that just need a pick me up.

Psalms 9: 9-11
9 The Lord also will be a refuge and a high tower for the oppressed, a refuge and a stronghold in times of trouble (high cost, destitution, and desperation).
10 And they who know Your name [who have experience and acquaintance with Your mercy] will lean on and confidently put their trust in You, for You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek (inquire of and for) You [on the authority of God's Word and the right of their necessity].
11 Sing praises to the Lord, Who dwells in Zion! Declare among the peoples His doings!
I know I've used part of this scripture in the past, but felt I needed to use it again, to emphasize that God is still our security and has not forsaken any of us. He is a loving Father and wants only the best for us. I don't know about you, but when I give Him praise things seem to go better and my day is brighter.
May God show himself to you today in a marvelous way!
God bless you!
Joy

No comments: