Saturday, May 3, 2008

Climbing Your Mountain!

Good morning,

It is a beautiful morning here on the farm. Maybe spring has sprung!

“If the mountain were smooth, you wouldn’t be able to climb it.”

Sometimes we want God to remove all the trials and illnesses from our life, not realizing that those things are what make us grow and become the person God created us to be. It’s through the tough times we really begin to know who God really is and how much He loves us.

1 Chronicles 23:30
And to stand every morning to thank and praise the LORD, and likewise at even:

Romans 12:12
Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant [steadfastly] in prayer;

When I don’t feel good is when I get lonesome the most. Yesterday I was struggling to rejoice, because I just felt rotten. It would have been easy to give in to self pity and despair, but I tried to remember to rejoice. Then God sent someone my way with some cans of V8 juice (which is what I wanted) and later with hot fresh grilled hamburgers (with the trimmings) and potato salad (just made); I think He did it just to remind me that I am never really alone out here on the farm. Not only is He with me (us) at all times, He has others watching out as well. Can’t get any better than that now can it?

Father, thank you for you many blessings; thank you that you care about every detail of our lives. Praise you wonderful name.


Have a super day!
Joy

No comments: