Saturday, August 23, 2008

Earth’s crammed with heaven!

God is so good. I just can’t get away from how awesome He is. Not because He supplies my need, or the many times He has healed me, but just because of whom He is. The more I read His Word and spend time communicating with Him, the better I’m getting to understand His love.

“Earth’s crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God,
But only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit around it and pluck blackberries.”
Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Quoted from the book “The Shack”

I don’t know about you, but I am taking off my shoes, not plucking blackberries and discover some of this heaven on earth. God is everywhere and in everything so we shouldn’t have to look very far to find Him or His handiwork.

Psalms 94:18-19
“When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O LORD, supported me.
When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.”

Father, I thank you for this beautiful place you made just for us. May we appreciate it. I praise you. You are worthy of all praise. The deer Sis and I saw yesterday are beautiful. Thanks for giving us so many wonderful things to enjoy. Open our eyes to look for your beauty that surrounds us.

Have a great day!

No comments: