Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Follow The Leader!

It is a beautiful sunny fall morning here on the timber farm. It rained in the night so everything has raindrops and a sparkle to it. I’m going to go take pictures after I do the devotional.

I was thinking in the night about some of the games we used to play as kids, tag, annie annie over, simon says, steal the bacon, follow the leader, and sometimes when some of us was out hiking or playing we would pretend we were lost. One of us would climb a tree and let the others they could see the house and to follow them. They would get us home. It made me think of our spiritual walk. When we think we are lost all we have to do is tell Jesus and He will guide us home. The Bible gives us clear directions on how to be ready to go to our heavenly home. I don’t know about you, but I want to be very sure I know the way home and not end up eternally lost.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 1:4
In Him was life; and the life was the light of men.

“Jesus Christ is both the most absolute grace and the most perfect law; so that to believe in him is to embrace at once both law and grace.” Alexandre Vinet

Thanks God for giving us your Son to lead us out of darkness and into your marvelous light. It is wonderful to know that you love us and care about everything that goes on in our lives. It can’t get any better than that.

Have a great day!

No comments: