Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Holy Amazement!

It is another gorgeous fall morning here on the timber farm. Well I took my walk around the farm yesterday morning with camera in hand. I decided to take my dog with me. She did really well until I stopped to take some pictures in the pasture by the pond. The next thing I knew she was swimming. So my picture taking was over. I spent almost an hour giving her a bath.

Makes me think of how we sometimes stray off the path the Lord has us on. At times we end up into the wrong things and God has to clean us back up. I wonder if He gets tired of picking us up, cleaning us off; only to have us slip again. I am so glad He is a loving, patient, and merciful Father.

“We are never nearer Christ than when we find ourselves lost in a holy amazement at his unspeakable love.” John Owen

Psalms 47:6-7
6 Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises unto our King, sing praises.
7 For God is the King of all the earth; sing ye praises with understanding.

We can never praise God enough for what He has done for us. However, it is awesome to be in His presence through praise.

Thanks God for putting into our hearts the attitude of praise. Help us to put aside grumbling and complaining and to go about with praise on our lips to you.

Have a super day!

No comments: