Saturday, June 7, 2008

Hymns to Grow By!

Good morning,

It is a beautiful morning here on the farm watching the sunrise.

Last night I was feeling a little lonesome, so I got out some Hymn books and started looking to see how many songs I knew. These led me to the understanding of how many (some people say “old songs”) are still very much a part of my life and give me strength when trials come my way.

Sweet By and By
Kneel at the Cross
O Say but I’m Glad
AT Calvary
Leaning on the Everlasting Arms
O How I Love Jesus
Never Alone
I Know Whom I have Believed

The list goes on, but one thing about the “Oldies” they have staying power. I want that staying power, so when the hard things come I can say with ASSURANCE the Lord is my helper, He will uphold me. The super great thing is He will do the same for any of you. He is our strength.

Nehemiah 8:10b
For the joy of the Lord is your strength.


It seems like when we feel really good, and feel strong that we can conquer mountains, or anything that comes our way.

Father, I thank you for the people who gave us a legacy of songs (old and new) to worship you.
There is a special strength that comes to us when we offer praise to you. Help us to always remember to sing!

Have a praise filled day!
Joy

No comments: