Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Prayer and Praise!

“Prayer and praise are the oars by which a man may row his boat into the deep waters of the knowledge of Christ.” C.H. Spurgeon

Psalms 80:1-2
1 Sing aloud unto God our strength: make a joyful noise unto the God of Jacob.
2 Take a psalm, and bring hither the timbrel, the pleasant harp with the psaltery.


I believe when we give God our praise before asking Him for this and that, He is pleased. I know we are to pray and ask Him for things don’t get me wrong; however, I believe that we should begin our communion with Him with praise and thanksgiving, and then pray. I believe we need to end our prayer by giving thanks for answering us. The more I praise, the stronger I feel to face life’s trials.

Father, you are an awesome God. I thank you for your Word that gives us clear understanding of how we can worship you and grow in our Christian walk. Praise your Holy Name.

Be Blessed!

No comments: