Thursday, November 29, 2007

Establish Your Thoughts!

Prov 16:1-31 The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.2 All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weigheth the spirits.3 Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.KJV

I have been thinking a lot lately of the words that roll off my tongue. I had to ask myself do I even think about what I am saying or do I say the first thing that comes into my mind?

When I commit my mind unto the Lord, and seek Him for the words He wants me to say to someone, then I know they will be health to that person.

The words I speak should reflect the characteristics of God. They should build a person up and not tear them down. This should be the same for the words I speak to myself as well.

I am going to try with the Lord’s help to speak healing words. Words that have meaning, words that will be beneficial to others to encourage them and give them hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so right. Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue...
Love