Monday, November 24, 2008

by these things men live!

Last night in church my pastor read some scripture in Isaiah 38 in continuing with his message; however I read a little beyond and it seemed like the scripture just jumped out at me. Here is what I read.

Isaiah 38:16-20
16 O LORD, by these things men live, and in all these things is the life of my spirit: so wilt thou recover me, and make me to live.
17 Behold, for peace I had great bitterness: but thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption: for thou hast cast all my sins behind thy back.
18 For the grave cannot praise thee, death can not celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth.
19 The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make known thy truth.
20 The LORD was ready to save me: therefore we will sing my songs to the stringed instruments all the days of our life in the house of the LORD.


We who are living are able to offer praises unto the Lord. So it would appear to me we need to do that as much as possible, as the day will come when we can no longer offer praise to our loving Father. In addition we need to show love and praise those around us while we have the chance. I no longer want to wait and then after our loved one is gone to say “I wish I would have told them more often what they meant to me.” Now while we are alive give love, and praise freely to each other, and most importantly to God.

Father we thank you for your Word. Thanks that we can read it with understanding. Our HOPE is in you Lord. Our STRENGTH is in you Lord. Our LIFE is in you Lord. How awesome to be your child.

No comments: