Sunday, November 23, 2008

Standing Firm!

“On a daily basis we’re faced with two simple choices. We can either listen to ourselves and our constantly changing feelings about our circumstances, or we can talk to ourselves about the unchanging truth of who God is and what He’s accomplished for us at the cross. Far too often we choose to passively listen to ourselves. We sit back and let our view of God and life be shaped by our constantly shifting feelings about our ever-changing circumstances.” C.J. Mahaney

Psalms 1:3

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brought forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doth shall prosper.

My days go so much better when I stand firm on the Word of God. When I don’t let the circumstances around me surround me, but I hold onto the promises of God, knowing that He is at work on my behalf and will not only see me through the circumstances, but will give me joy, peace, and the strength to come out stronger and victorious. That makes me excited. Sing!

Thanks Father for your love. Thank you that we can come to a place in you that no matter what is swirling around us, we know you will take care of us and we can rest in that knowledge.

No comments: