Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Resting In Him!

“May the raindrops fall lightly on your brow. May the soft winds freshen your spirit. May the sunshine brighten your heart. May the burdens of the day rest lightly upon you, and may God enfold you in the mantle of His love.”

I may have used this before, but just felt with what several of you are going through that I would remind us that God is enfolding everyone in the mantle of His love. He is ever present and wants to make our burdens light.

Matthew 11:28-30 (AMP)
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]
29 Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls.
30 For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good--not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne.


God is just waiting for us to come to Him so He can take our burdens and carry them for us. His desire is for us to rest in Him; knowing that He will work all things out for our good. Yes!

Thanks Father that you love us so much you are willing to carry our burdens and sicknesses yourself. When we come to you, we can lay them down and pick up peace, joy, and rest. Praise Your Holy Name!

No comments: