Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Bond or Free?

Happy 4th of July,
I was thinking about the meaning of this holiday. July 4, 1776 the Declaration of Independence was signed, with a section about "all men are created equal". There has been a lot of lives lost through the years to maintain our freedom.
We have the freedom of speech, the freedom to worship, the freedom to vote, the list goes on, and yet how many of us take it for granted?
I was thinking of the "Christian's" freedom. I believe our "Independence Day" started with Jesus' birth, His death and resurection. The day a person asks Jesus into their life, is I believe their Independence Day. When a person begins to walk in the Liberty of the Lord, then they are truly free.

Galatians 5:1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Yesterday as I was going about my day, I was carrying on a conservation with my Father. As I was talking to Him about some hurts and disappointments that has happened recently, I was asking Him to help me overcome them so I could move on and have peace and joy in my heart.
I felt Him speak to me and this is what I got from His Words, if you've been hurt or disappointed in the past or now and when you or someone else talks about it, if it still hurts you then you have not left it with me, when it no longer as the power to hurt you; then you have become victorious over it.
So today on this special holiday, I would leave you with this question
Are you free?
Have a fun and safe holiday!
Joy

No comments: