Thursday, July 5, 2007

What Hinders you?

Galatians 5:7 (Amp. Bible)
7 You were running the race nobly. Who has interfered in (hindered and stopped you from) your heeding and following the Truth?


This morning I was thinking again about my getting into the Word and prayer time full speed ahead; only to have other things come up and I put them first. I really want to seek God first, I want to read His Word first! I start and stop, I thought to myself after I finish this one more thing, then I will get back into a daily routine of praying and studying first thing when I get up. I've even neglected to keep my daily devotional here up on a daily basis. I felt in my heart the Lord speaking to me and asking me "if you can't commit to doing it now, how can you expect to do better later.
There will always be something requiring my attention. So if I don't establish good habits now in praying and reading the Word, what makes me think I can do it later.
The thought came to my mind "What hinders you"?
What hinders you from serving God the way He desires you to?
I pray that I come to understand that God MUST come FIRST.
My whole day goes better when I put Him first.

No comments: