Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Hope!

Lam 3:21-26
21 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
22 It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
24 The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
25 The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.
26 It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.
As the Lord brought this verse to my mind, I realized that what keeps us going is hope. I believe faith goes hand in hand with hope. God is telling us that it is only because of the Lord’s mercy that we are not devoured. His tenderness and kindness fail not. God wipes away our failings each night and his mercy is new every morning. Great is his faithfulness. When we let the Lord be our portion and seek him through his Word and prayer then our soul will hope in him. The next verse says the Lord is good to them that wait for him. Think of all the blessings we miss from the Lord, simply because we are not willing to wait for him. We tend to want everything now. We are a fast fix generation. The verse goes on to say to the soul that seeks him. We can again seek him through the word and prayer. It doesn’t mean getting down and saying bless me O God. Amen and expect to receive what God wants for us. It says to seek him. You can’t find him in a 20 second prayer or 20 seconds of reading of his word. Verse 26 says it is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord. We need to have faith that when we pray God will answer, but he also says wait quietly for his salvation. We are not to go around moaning and groaning to everyone how we have prayed about something and God just didn't listen to us. We also need to be careful of talking negative as that is not waiting and believing that God is going to do what we have asked of him.

No comments: