Sunday, July 8, 2007

God Our Healer!

Good morning,
God is so awesome. Yesterday I went to a BBQ at Suzan's. She is the lovely lady I wrote to you about just a little over a month ago. The doctors said she had cancer of the colon and lungs, and had called in Hospice. When Sis and I went to see her the first time, she was laying in bed, on oxygen and not expected to live longer than a month. We visited with her, shared scripture with her and prayed with her. We have been visiting with her, but due to our family reunion hadn't been out in awhile. Yesterday she had invited some caregivers, friends who have been praying for her, Sis and myself to a BBQ.
July 1, was her birthday and she wanted to celebrate. She was told she wouldn't live to see this birthday. So in essence she was celebrating not only her birthday, but her life.

The first time Sis, and I went out, Suzan prayed and told God she didn't want to die. The verses I chose for today, reminded me of her and what she prayed.
Hebrews 4:14-16 (AMP)
14 Inasmuch then as we have a great High Priest Who has [already] ascended and passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession [of faith in Him].
15 For we do not have a High Priest Who is unable to understand and sympathize and have a shared feeling with our weaknesses and infirmities and liability to the assaults of temptation, but One Who has been tempted in every respect as we are, yet without sinning.
16 Let us then fearlessly and confidently and boldly draw near to the throne of grace (the throne of God's unmerited favor to us sinners), that we may receive mercy [for our failures] and find grace to help in good time for every need [appropriate help and well-timed help, coming just when we need it].
Because Suzan knew how to pray, she went BOLDLY before the throne of grace to obtain mercy, and to find the grace she needed to help in her time of need.
Suzan hosted not only the BBQ, but opened her home to a group of friends who ministered to each other and to her yesterday in a very special way. I am so thankful I got to be a part of her LIFE party.
Have a most blessed day in the Lord!
Joy

1 comment:

Gledwood said...

Hi will you pray for me? I might very well be made homeless tomorrow

all the best

gledwood
"vol 2"

http://gledwood2.blogspot.com - drop by my blog you can read all about it