Sunday, June 24, 2007

Believing When We Pray!

Good rainy morning,

Mark 11:23-24
23 Truly I tell you, whoever says to this mountain, Be lifted up and thrown into the sea! and does not doubt at all in his heart but believes that what he says will take place, it will be done for him.
24 For this reason I am telling you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe (trust and be confident
) that it is granted to you, and you will [get it].
It is raining this morning. Yesterday I went to the coast with some of my family. It was supposed to be cloudy and a chance of rain. I asked God to let the rains hold off and for sunshine. It was a beautiful sunshiny day at the beach for which I give God praise. When I pray I expect God to do that which I've asked for, do you?
If His Word is true, which I believe it is, then when I go to Him in prayer, believing He will answer, then why do I get surprised when the answer comes?
I do have to remember that just like my earthly parents did, sometimes God says no to my prayer, sometimes He says wait a while and sometimes He answers YES and very quickly.
Take care and have a wonderful day!
Joy

No comments: