Monday, June 11, 2007

Jesus our Anchor!

Greetings from sunny Dallas,
It is indeed a beautiful day here today. The SON is shinning down on me.
Yesterday in church my pastor's wife Sis. Bristow sang a special about "The Anchor Holds", I got to thinking about boats, and ships, the size of them determines what size of anchor will be used to keep the ship in a certain spot when it stops.
Hebrews 6:19 says
[Now] we have this [hope] as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul [it cannot slip and it cannot break down under whoever steps out upon it--a hope] that reaches farther and enters into [the very certainty of the Presence] within the veil (AMP)
Acts 27:29
29 Then fearing lest we should have fallen upon rocks, they cast four anchors out of the stern, and wished for the day. KJV
In this verse they cast out 4 anchors. I am so thankful Jesus is my anchor. It doesn't matter what I am going through or how severe the storm, Jesus is able to deliver me. He gives me peace and joy even when I am hurting or afraid. I am so thankful I know him well enough that I can ask Him to take away all fear. I can live an abundant life, full of peace, joy, love and hope. Whatever God does for me He will willingly do for you.
May you have a wonderful day.
Joy

No comments: