Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Seek Ye First!

Good morning,
It is a special day for me as it's my oldest grandson's 21st birthday. Happy birthday Brad.
Yesterday I was looking at a list of goals I had made sometime toward the end of January. Some of them I have been doing just fine with reaching; however, others that should be easy to reach I have been slack in accomplishing. Like walking, loosing weight, writing at least one hour a day, you get the idea. The two I believe are the most important are reading my Bible every day and praying every day.
Jesus said in Matthew 6:33
"But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness (His way of doing and being right), and then all these things taken together will be given you besides".
I find if I don't read my bible and pray first thing in the morning, the day gets away from me before I know it and I'm too tired to pray or read.
When I put that as a top priority then my day goes better and when someone calls me to pray about something I am ready to ask God on their behalf.
How about you, did you set goals for 2007? Have you looked at them lately so see how you are measuring up? I can't believe the year is half over. There are some goals I set that I have to get busy on. At least this year I set some, and am working on them. Let me tell you, it feels good.
Take care and God Bless you above and beyond what you can conceive or imagine.
Joy

No comments: