Friday, June 8, 2007

Tearing Down Building Up

Greetings,
On June 6th I sent a devotional with the scriptures from Hosea 6:1-3. It was about God tearing down and building up. Returning unto the Lord. God binding up those that are torn and healing us.
I received the following email on that devotional, but feels it fits on an every day occasion so I asked my friend Ronda, if I could use it and got permission to share it with you today.

I wanted to share a word the Lord gave me a couple of years ago. The Lord has reminded me of this word many times when He has provided my needs or answered my prayers.

A couple of years ago, when Steve was out of town I had hurt my back so badly and I could barely move myself let along lift Colby. God provided help for me so readily and easily that I did not have to be anxious or worry how I would manage. During a devotion time, I was thanking God for providing for my needs so quickly that I didn't have to worry or be anxious. He spoke back and said something that has changed my view of answered prayer or His meeting my needs. He said" When I provide for you, meet your needs or answer your prayers, rejoice not only in what I have done for you but that I have revealed Myself to you. I desire to reveal Myself in these ways so that you may be strengthened in Me, not just have your needs met. Look beyond what I did to who I AM.

This word caused me to see that the greater thing was not the answered prayer or the need met, but rather that My Father God had revealed Himself to me, and He does it again and again through answered prayer or met needs and it strengthens us. The ways you mention in your devotion are also Him revealing Himself to us - without revelation of the knowledge of God, we perish.
Have a blessed day,
Joy

No comments: