Thursday, September 6, 2007

Thinking Good Things!

Why is it so hard to keep one's mind focused on the Lord? It seems like my mind wants to wander in a thousand different directions at once. I know that I have things in my life that needs to be thought out and dealt with, such as paying bills, buying groceries that type of thing; but what I have trouble with at times is keeping my mind off bad things that could happen to me or my kids. I keep asking god for help. Today I realized it was a mindset. Any time I started to think about bad things, I started to praise the Lord. Pretty soon my mind was focused on Him.
Do you ever struggle with keeping your thoughts in line with what the Lord wants us to dwell on? How do you cope?
Philippians 4:8 says
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise think on these things.
So I guess I just need to install this verse into my memory bank and daily, moment by moment bring it to instant recall so I begin to think on the good things.
God Bless all of you!

No comments: