Sunday, September 30, 2007

Lord my Sun and Shield!

Good rainy morning to you,

It is indeed a wet morning here on the farm. I was talking to a friend the other day and she said "I don't want it to rain, that means the sun is gone until next July". I told her to watch her mouth. She was speaking things that be not as though they were. I expect some sunshine each month.

It is going to be a great day regardless of the weather, just because the Lord my God is!

Psalms 84:11
For the Lord God is a Sun and Shield; the Lord bestows [present] grace and favor and [future] glory (honor, splendor, and heavenly bliss)! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

I was studying this verse and the New Merriam-Webster Dictionary gives these definitions:
Walk
to move or cause to move on foot usually at a natural gait.
to follow a course of action or way of life (to walk humbly in the sight of God.

Uprightly
erect in carriage or posture.
morally correct

I guess the Lord made it pretty plain to me on how I need to walk to receive His grace and favor. Sometime I think why do I make my walk with the Lord so hard when anything I need to know is right there in His Word. I need to learn to trust Him more and follow the still small voice as He talks to me to lead me and guide me into all truth.

Have a great day!

Joy

No comments: