Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Bless the LORD!

Good morning everyone,
Psalm 34:1-4
[A Psalm] of David; when he pretended to be insane before Abimelech, who drove him out, and he went away.
1 I WILL bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2 My life makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble and afflicted hear and be glad.
3 O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together.
4 I sought (inquired of) the Lord and required Him [of necessity and on the authority of His Word], and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears
.
I looked through my notebook of daily devotionals, as I wanted to share these verses with you this morning, however, I don't think I've used them, and if I have then it is still needed as this is the one the Lord gave me.
I left in the little heading, because in reading these scriptures several times as they are one of my favorites I never read the heading to realize David had pretended to be insane, David was fleeing from Saul and fled to Achish King of Gath. However some men recognized David and were afraid of him. They said Saul hath slain his thousands, but David his ten thousands. I I Samuel 21:10-15. So David changed his behavior and acted mad so King Achish would let him go. In Psalms 34 David is giving praise to the Lord for helping him escape King Achish. He is reminding us no matter what we are going through we need to give PRAISE unto the Lord. We are to bless the Lord at all times. When we walk in the blessings of the Lord we have nothing to fear.
God will listen to us and deliver us as we offer praise to Him and Bless His Holy Name.
May you go about your day today praising the Lord,
May God guide you and strengthen you.
Joy

No comments: