Saturday, April 28, 2007

Blessings as God Promised!

Deuteronomy 1:11 (Amplified Bible)
May the Lord, the God of your fathers, make you a thousand times as many as you are and bless you as He has promised you!

Today as you go about your day look around you at the blessings God has given you. You might be saying God hasn't blessed me; however, if you are breathing God has blessed you.
If you can see, God has blessed you.
If you can walk, God has blessed you.
If you can talk, God has blessed you.
If you have a roof over your head, food on your table, shoes on your feet and a warm bed to sleep in, God has greatly blessed you.
Sometimes I don't think we take the normal things as blessings from God.
The above verse says God wants to bless us as he has promised. I don't know about you, but I want to walk in God's blessings. In order for me to get those blessings I need to walk close to the Lord. I need to do the things He has required of me. It isn't a one way street where I can demand things of God and not expect to give Him anything. God requires us to serve Him with a whole heart, mind and body. When we grasp the concept of serving the Master, then He will be able to pour us out blessings we won't be able to contain.
As you go about your day today, count your many blessings!
Joy

No comments: