Wednesday, April 25, 2007

We are God's Garden!

1 Corinthians 3:6-9 (Amplified Bible)

6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God [all the while] was making it grow and [He] gave the increase.
7 So neither he who plants is anything nor he who waters, but [only] God Who makes it grow and become greater.
8 He who plants and he who waters are equal (one in aim, of the same importance and esteem), yet each shall receive his own reward (wages), according to his own labor.
9 For we are fellow workmen (joint promoters, laborers together) with and for God; you are God's garden and vineyard and field under cultivation, [you are] God's building.
In reading these scriptures, I believe God is telling us that we are all important in His ministry. We all have different personalities, talents and ministries to use for His work. We are to encourage each other to become the best we can be. We we get out of the BIG I concept and become the little me with God being the BIG I then we can accomplish the things He has called us to do.
I find the more I reach out to others that have a need, whether it's just offering a word of encouragement, or giving a few dollars the greater my blessing.
Today look around you and see if there is someone you can encourage.
May you have a blessed day in the Lord.
Joy

No comments: