Saturday, April 7, 2007

What does Easter mean to you?

Greetings to all of you,
I pray this day is filled with the presence of God's love.
As most of you are getting ready for tomorrow (Easter) I wonder what is on your mind? Is it the fancy new clothes and will they look ok? Is it the big Sunday dinner you have to cook? Is it the Easter baskets you bought your kids and whether they will like them? After all they cost enough. Will you be thinking about the huge Easter egg hunt you took your kids to and they didn't find enough eggs. What will be on your mind tomorrow as we celebrate Easter.
While I was thinking about Easter and what it means, God gave me some thoughts I would like to share with you.
First without the birth of Jesus there would be no Easter.
Second without the death of Jesus there would be no Easter.
Third without the Resurrection of Jesus there would be no Easter.
Fourth had Jesus not been willing to come down from Heaven to go through what he went through there would be no Easter.
Easter to me is the knowledge that Jesus loved me enough to die for me, and to live again so that I might have life.
Whether I accept His love and salvation is a choice only I can make. No one else can make that choice but me.
I am so thankful I made the choice many years ago to accept Jesus into my heart and walk with Him.
No it hasn't been an easy walk, but oh it's been such a rewarding walk. When I think of all I've gone through in just the last six years and the way the Lord has sustained me, my hearts overflows with love for Him.
I can say I have been strengthened and walk before the Lord with a new purpose and Love for Him. I know that comes First from my relationship and faith in the Lord. Second from the love and support of my family. Third from the love and support of my church family.
Today as you are rushing around doing things, remember the Christ who died that you might have LIFE.
John 10:10b (amplified)
I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance--to the full, till it overflows.
That is what I feel I have--except I'm hungry for more.
May God richly bless you this day.
Joy

No comments: