Wednesday, April 4, 2007

What does the Lord Require?

Micah 6:8 (Amplified Bible)
He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God?
I am so thankful that the Lord gave us His Word to know how to live our lives. He has given us a clear and to the most part simple instructions to be able to have a life that is abundant in Him.
We are to do good, to walk humbly with Him. It isn't hard for me to love kindness and mercy. Sometimes it's a little harder to pass that love and kindness on to someone who has hurt me or done me wrong.
I am learning though that when I pass the Love of Jesus along, I let the hurts and anger flow out of me. If I left them in my heart, they would begin to fester and get worse. Besides if I allow things like that to stay in my heart it takes away from the room Jesus has to fill me with His love, joy, peace, contentment and the Holy Ghost.
I want to be a vessel worthy of Honor, how about you?
Have a most blessed and joyful day in the Lord.
Joy

No comments: