Sunday, April 22, 2007

O GOD, My Heart is Fixed!

Psalm 108
1 O GOD, my heart is fixed (steadfast, in the confidence of faith); I will sing, yes, I will sing praises, even with my glory [all the faculties and powers of one created in Your image]!
2 Awake, harp and lyre; I myself will wake very early--I will waken the dawn!
3 I will praise and give thanks to You, O Lord, among the peoples; and I will sing praises unto You among the nations.
4 For Your mercy and loving-kindness are great and high as the heavens! Your truth and faithfulness reach to the skies!
5 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens, and let Your glory be over all the earth.
The word praise is used 248 times in the Kings James Version of the Bible. I believe the Lord is concerned with how much we praise Him.
He created us to offer PRAISE to Him. With a joyful heart we are to praise Him. Some people offer praise, however it is just lip service and doesn't come from the heart. When you begin to offer praise to the Father from everything that is within you, your praise changes. You begin to grow in your spiritual walk. He will take you to another level in your worship. Today as you go about this Sunday, take time to offer praise unto the Lord from your heart.
May you have a blessed day in the Lord.
Joy

No comments: