Wednesday, May 23, 2007

God of the Living!

Matthew 22:32 (Amplified Bible)
32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? He is not the God of the dead but of the living!

I was reading this verse this morning and thought can God say He is the God of Joy? Am I living my life to be pleasing unto God? Am I a living walking testimony of what God can do? These are questions I began asking myself. At one time I can say I was partially a living testimony unto God. Now I can say I am striving to be all God wants me to be.
What about you? Can God say He is the God of ___________? Can you say God is foremost in your life? Do you expect God to answer your prayers without doing anything for Him? Do you believe He is the God of the living?
I am so thankful I can know without the shadow of a doubt that the God of my dad and the God of my mom and the God of dear friends and family who are now with Him is my living, loving God.
I know He is alive and that He loves me. I know He has my best interest at heart. I know as I get into His Word I will find the answers to all my needs. He is the answer.
As you go about your day ask yourself do you really believe He is the God that can help you. Do you really trust Him in everything?

No comments: