Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Pressing toward the Mark!

Philippians 3:13-16 (Amplified Bible)
13 I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,
14 I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.
15 So let those [of us] who are spiritually mature and full-grown have this mind and hold these convictions; and if in any respect you have a different attitude of mind, God will make that clear to you also.
16 Only let us hold true to what we have already attained and walk and order our lives by that.
I am trying to forget the things in my past that would hinder me from having God work in me. In listening to Joel Osteen yesterday he said "Receive God's mercy, receive God's forgiveness or you can never go on with your life." That really hit me that if I don't let go of the things that are not pleasing to God then I can't grow in Him.
My desire is to walk in the ways of the Lord. To show others that Jesus Christ is the "answer". I believe as I let go of the things in the past, I will be able to embrace today. I look forward to tomorrow with expectation of what God is going to do for me not with dread of what is probably never going to happen.
Have a blessed day in the Lord.
Joy

No comments: