Tuesday, May 22, 2007

May my Speech be Pleasing to you O Lord!

Ps 19:14

14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. KJV

The other night at church the youth pastor spoke from Matthew 5: 14-15 about letting our light shine. He went on to ask the question
What are you advertising? What do you promote with the words that comes out of your mouth?
As I was listening to him speak, I thought about this verse in Psalms.
In studying it I believe David was saying this as a prayer unto God. He had done many things that were not right before the Lord, yet David had a repentant heart. The Bible says "He was a man after God's own heart."
The words out of my mouth should be pleasing to the Lord. Think about this if they are pleasing to the Lord, then they will be pleasing to those around me.
So if the words I speak are not pleasant to those around me, how pleasing are they to God?
The mediation (ponder, purpose, muse) of my heart should be centered on God's Word. My thoughts should be acceptable to God. Then I can say O LORD my strength and my redeemer.
God is an awesome God. Sometimes words seem so inadequate to describe the power and awesome sovereign God.
May you have a blessed day in the Lord.
Joy

No comments: