Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark. --George Iles

I was thinking about the above quote, which led me to think about the Three Hebrew men, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, now those three men indeed walked by faith.

Daniel 3:17-18
17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.


Think about this for a moment, these three men told the king they would not bow to the image the king had made, knowing that if they didn't they would surely die; however, they stood firm in their faith that God would deliver them. They also believed that if He didn't, everything would still be ok. They were bold in their talk to the king to say BUT IF IT BE NOT, we still will not serve his gods; they knew they would be home with their God. However, it was not time for them to go to heaven. God was not through with them here on earth. They had a work to do for Him that only they could do.
Each of us has a work to do for God that only we can do. Can you say like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, we will not bow down to idols, or things that pull us away from the TRUE, LIVING GOD?
Father, I thank you for this day. I thank you for the opportunity you have given me to share your word and my thoughts with these thy people. Bless them and cause your face to shine upon them I pray. Thank you, Father. In Jesus Name I pray.

No comments: