Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Standing Taller!

Good morning,

It is a damp, cloudy day here on the farm at this moment. It still is beginning to feel like spring. If I keep saying that one day it will be.

I was talking to Fawnie on Monday, her grandson is in the hospital and several of us have been praying not only for him, but the family as a whole. She told me that Sunday she got up feeling taller, like a heavy load had been lifted. Her daughter called her that day and let them know Nicholas was doing better.
I told her we sing a song in church "I'm standing taller than I've ever stood before"
The words to the chorus are
"I'm standing on the rock Christ Jesus
The gates of hell shall not prevail
and when the winds begin to blow
I'll not be moved O Lord I know
Cause I'm standing taller than I've ever stood before."

Isn't it wonderful to know that when we are standing on the Word of God, Christ Jesus that no matter what comes our way, we can stand taller, and not be moved. Jesus is waiting for us to know Him more than ever before.

Psalms 92:7-8
7 That though the wicked spring up like grass and all evildoers flourish, they are doomed to be destroyed forever.
8 But You, Lord, are on high forever
.


I am so thankful that the Lord is on our side. He will lead us and guide us into all truth. In Psalms 96 it tells us to SING unto the Lord a new song: sing unto the Lord all the earth. Sing unto the LORD, bless His name: shew forth His salvation from day to day. That is my desire to sing a new song unto my Lord and Savior.

Father, bless and keep your hand upon each of us today. Lord may we learn to sing a new song unto you. Father, help us to get out of the rut or box of religion and to come to know you in a new way. Help us to be free to worship you with our hearts and not just from our lips. Thank you, Father.

Have a super day!
Joy

No comments: