Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sing to the Lord!

Good morning,

It is a rainy, wet day here on the farm this morning. I was going to take my dog for a walk, however, I'm not sure I want to. I suppose I could get out my hip boots, winter jacket and golf umbrella and make do to take her. (Just kidding as my buddy Caleb says to me)

God is good. He is so good to me, sometimes I just stand in awe of the way He provides for me. How about you? Does God provide for you? Can you think of anything this week that He has done for you? Did you stop to give Him praise?

Psalms 119:169-172 says
169 Let my mournful cry and supplication come [near] before You, O Lord; give me understanding (discernment and comprehension) according to Your word [of assurance and promise].

170 Let my supplication come before You; deliver me according to Your word!

171 My lips shall pour forth praise [with thanksgiving and renewed trust] when You teach me Your statutes.

172 My tongue shall sing [praise for the fulfillment] of Your word, for all Your commandments are righteous.

I just can't get over how much God loves us and when we cry out to Him, He really does listen to our heartfelt cry. His ears are open to us. He gives us understanding and the promise that everything will be ok. Even before God answers, we should be giving Him the sacrifice of praise. I was looking for a scripture "The Lord inhabits the praise of His people." I looked it up in several places so not sure it is a scripture or I just think it is. Anyway, my point is God loves it when we give Him praise no matter what we are going through. Praise His Holy Name.

Father, help each of us as we go about our day to remember to give you praise. It doesn't matter what we are going through, your Word says to praise you continually, so help us Father, to learn to do that. Praise your Holy Name.

Have a super day,

Joy

No comments: