Monday, March 19, 2007

God Granting That Which You've Requested!

1 Chronicles 4:10 (KJV)

And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.

This verse amazes me. Not because of the verse itself; but because this is the only time in the Bible Jabez is mentioned. Somehow this simple prayer of his to God touched the heart of God so much; that not only did God answer his prayer; but had the prayer put into the scriptures.
I pray this prayer quite often. Only I say: And Joy called on the God of Israel, saying Oh God bless me and enlarge my ministry. May your hand be with me. Please keep me from evil and temptation, so I may not grieve or sin against you or me. I believe God has granted that which I have requested.
I pray you will have a great day in the Lord.

No comments: