Thursday, March 1, 2007

Jehovah-Jireh

Gen 22:14
And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovah-jireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen.KJV
Phil 4:19
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.KJV
This morning as I was visiting with my sister about my financial situation, she reminded me of who is the SOURCE of my finances. It is the Lord.
I remember in 1994 I got to go to college for the first time. I was so excited. When I started classes, I noticed most if not all the students were wearing blue jeans and sweatshirts. I didn't have anything but dress clothes. So I asked my God for some jeans and sweatshirts as these things didn't fit into my finances. That week I got 5 pairs of blue jeans, 3 new sweatshirts, and trust God to do the extra I got a pair of sneakers and 22 pairs of new socks. You see God knew I would need sneakers and socks to wear with the jeans so he just provided those as well.
I don't know what God has planned for me at this time in my life. I am a widow living at the moment on a small income. However it's been almost a year since my husband went home to be with the Lord, and God has never failed to provide the finances to pay my bills including my car payment of $414.50 a month. I have plenty of food, a nice home, clothes to wear and shoes for my feet. I would say my provider is taking care of me quite nicely. So why then do I forget and begin to worry and fret over tomorrow? I read in a book if you are fretting, you have stopped praying. I guess I needed to share this to build my faith back up.
God bless all of you.

No comments: