Saturday, March 17, 2007

Keeping that which I've Committed.

2 Timothy 1:12 (KJV)
For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
This morning as I was praying this verse came to mind. I am so thankful that no matter what we go through, our God is able to keep the things we've asked him to do until he is ready to answer them.
Sometimes we forget that when we pray (say for a loved one to get saved) that God would answer that prayer immediately, except the person we are praying for has a will and they have to be ready to accept salvation in order for God to answer our prayer.
We should never give up praying or believing for it to happen. Just keep in mind that God has to get us ready for the answer.
Sometimes he answers right away and the answer is yes. Sometimes his answer might be a resounding NO. That one is harder for us to accept. Sometimes the answer might be wait awhile. Whatever the prayer, always remember he will answer.
I am fully persuaded that he will keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.
God Bless You this beautiful day.

No comments: