Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Grant Us Thy Salvation!

Psalms 85:7-13
7 Shew us thy mercy, O LORD, and grant us thy salvation.
8 I will hear what God the LORD will speak: for he will speak peace unto his people, and to his saints: but let them not turn again to folly.
9 Surely his salvation is nigh them that fear him; that glory may dwell in our land.
10 Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other.
11 Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven.
12 Yea, the LORD shall give that which is good; and our land shall yield her increase.
13 Righteousness shall go before him; and shall set us in the way of his steps.KJV

I am so thankful I can do as David did in this psalm and ask God for mercy. I can also ask Him for his salvation.
When I take time to listen, I can hear Him speaking peace to me.
He will give me that which is good. Sometimes it may look like God is not listening to my heart's cry. BUT HE IS. I need to learn to wait on Him, not get ahead of what the Lord desires for my life.
How about you, do you forget to wait on the Lord for his answer?
Do you sometimes do things your way, only to find out you've made a mess of things? I know I have. I am trying very hard to stop that and to wait on the Lord to hear and answer my prayers.
I am glad that He shows us His truth. The Lord will give us that which is good. Praise His Name.
Have a blessed day in the Lord.
Joy

No comments: