Tuesday, January 29, 2008

God Does Not Change!

Greetings,

WOW! I got up to 7 new inches of snow on the ground this morning. Everything is dressed in bridal white. It is absolutely beautiful with the sun just peeking through the clouds. What an awesome show God put on for me.

I was thinking through my tears yesterday about my walk with the Lord down thru the years and when I have felt closest to Him. You know what I discovered? During the hardest times when I cried out to God has been some of my best times.

Which led me to analyze why this was and I came to this conclusion.

First I spent more time in fellowship with Him.

Second God says in Malachi 3:6 For I am the Lord, I change not. Therefore any changing that was done in my faith, peace, joy ect. I did not God.

Third It was believing the enemy in thinking God had forgotten me or didn't answer my prayer. He DID and has answered every prayer I have ever prayed. The key here is sometimes I didn't like His answer, so I threw a little fit thinking He would change His mind. God does know the plan He has for my life. If I would quit trying to change that or take control I believe my walk thru this life would be so much easier.

I'm sure I am not the only one who tries to help God do what is best for us (to our way of thinking.)

God does not change and His Word does not change, so the only ones who change is us. We have to decide if we are going to get closer to God when the tough times come or if we are going to use that as an excuse to walk away from Him. I don't know about you but I choose to walk closer to Him.

Father today I would ask you to open the spiritual eyes and ears of each person, let them know you and your love in a new and fresh way I pray.

God bless you!
Joy

No comments: