Thursday, January 31, 2008

Putting God First!

I think I am doing ok and then I slip up again. It seems if I don't do my devotional first thing after I get up, that somehow my day gets away from me and I either am too late to get it to you, or it's late when you read it.
I am understanding why David said in Psalms 5:3 My voice shalt thou hear in the morning; O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
In Matthew 6:33 it says But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
I am learning that God, and His righteousness is more important than anything else in my life. Getting to know Him is like going on a long journey. Sometimes I have a clear map of where I am going and other times it's hazy until I seek His Word for clear directions.
I have to remember
day by day
step by step
choice by choice
yes by yes

No comments: