Saturday, January 26, 2008

Singing Praises to His Name!

Good morning,

It is a gray, overcast morning here on the farm. One of those mornings to snuggle either beside a warm fire or a snuggly quilt and read a good book.

I was looking at the Bible I use the most at home to read from it is a Kings James version and I got it in 1972 by winning a Sunday school contest. It wouldn't be so big if I cleaned it out. Every time I find a verse I want to remember I not only try to mark it, but I put something in place to find it again. I have string, paper, coupons, receipts, sticky notes, hat pins, bookmarks, and invites to some of Jason's birthday parties just to name a few. I really enjoy sitting down and just thumbing through some of the places I have marked to remember why I marked it in the first place.

Most of them are in Psalms but not all. Today I would like to share a couple with you.

Psalms 135:1-3
1 PRAISE THE Lord! (Hallelujah!) Praise the name of the Lord; praise Him, O you servants of the Lord!
2 You who stand in the house of the Lord, in the courts of the house of our God,
3 Praise the Lord! For the Lord is good; sing praises to His name, for He is gracious and lovely!
I thank the Lord I had a dad and mom who loved to praise the Lord. They were good examples for all our families. Daddy taught my boys to know what it meant to praise the Lord by being an example to them. What kind of an example are you being to your families?
Father, I ask you to help each of us be a good example to our families. To show love, compassion, and to reach out in your love to help each other, and our neighbors. Thank you Father.

No comments: