Saturday, January 5, 2008

Humble Yourselves!

I was thinking about the elections for the presidency here in America and depending on who gets elected will have a big impact on not only our Nation, but the world as a whole.
Then the Lord brought the following scriptures to mind:
II Chronicles 7:14-15
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and PRAY, and SEEK MY FACE, and TURN from their wicked ways; then I will HEAR from heaven, and will FORGIVE their sin, and will HEAL their land.
Now mine eyes shall be OPEN, and mine ears ATTENT unto the prayer that is made in this place.
Two scriptures that if we would only do them, could change the world. When I read this it sounds so simple, but if it is that simple, then I would have to question "Why aren't we doing it?"
Perhaps in all the hustle and bustle of life, we have forgot the very foundation of prayer and how we should walk before the Lord.
Blessings on you today!

No comments: